Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Is this really happening?

I've asked myself this question every hour for the past three days because I feel like my life is all at once crashing down and being rebuilt. It's incredibly terrifying and amazingly exciting all at the same time. My apartment is about to be sold to the highest bidder, yes, we are now nearing a bidding war and there are 7, count them, 7 offers on my adorable chic apartment. Problem #1. going through the process of selling is a bitch and there is no clear timeline. #2. WE HAVE NO PLACE TO LIVE. As soon as I close on my apt I'm homeless, and so now it's crunch time and I'm running around the city like a freak trying to find us a home with the right amount of closet space, allows dogs and is big enough. I can't even tell you how frustrating it all is.

Today I saw an apt on West 16th street...a total dump in a great area. That's a no. An Awesome HUGE apt on 76th and 1st that is perfect for us...but do I want to move back to the Upper East Side after living in the heart of Gramercy for 3 years...hmmmm... It's all very difficult to decide, but it's not like we have much time to sit and "think" about all the possibilities. We have to find something, get out financial shit together so that the board can rip us apart, pray they have mercy and let us though, and then buy this sucker within hours of closing on my apt!

I just feel this enormous amount of pressure that cannot be avoided anymore. AND trying to plan little details of my wedding are getting harder and farther away from my immediate mindset. Oh and work...that little thing, which thank god I have freedom or we'd be living in a box in 2 months. But work is busy and I feel guilty I'm running around instead of doing my job. So all in all I'd say I'm reaching breaking point in about 5 days. Thank GOD we're heading to Florida for a break this weekend, even though what we should be doing is hitting up every single open house on the East side on sunday...I'll be stressing come monday afternoon. At that point a contract will be signed on my place and I'll know when I have to move out. Super.

3 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Good luck on the apartment search -I can imagine it's VERY stressful finding a place! Hope you find the perfect abode.

LemonDrop said...

Ugh, apartment hunting is a bitch. All I can say is hang in there. Sometimes the good places are where you would least expect.

magickat said...

As hard as it might be, do whatever you can to NOT think about it while you are away. Consider making it an off limits topic! Enjoy your weekend in the warmth and sun!

And congrats on the bidding war!