Thursday, March 15, 2007

The end of an era

I moved out of my apartment. The place is totally empty and we're closing on it tomorrow! I can't believe it actually happened, but I'm glad it went smoothly and it's done done done!!! The day started out early with heading to Uhaul to pick up our 17ft truck. Thank god Ken was willing to drive the thing, because if it were in my hands we would have crashed three times and ran at least 5 red lights...The things is just so wide and has NO turning capacity! But we made it to the apt and luckily my dad had reserved a spot right in front of my building so we just took that one and started loading up!

I had spent last weekend boxing everything up so we just took trips bringing down boxes and furniture. The last little bits of stuff were shoved into a large bag and chucked in with the rest of it. I vacuumed up the dust, wiped down the counter tops and said my goodbyes. I didn't cry...came very close, but held it together. That apt and I had been through some good times! Girls nights, great cries, tons of laughs and well, the mice and roaches...let's not forget them. Overall I loved it very much. I hope this new girl gets some great years out of it as well:)

I'm on to bigger and better things...Ken and I will be moving into our first home together hopefully in early April! We've picked our paint colors, which went super smooth! It seems once we can merge the different languages we speak in terms of colors, we're actually talking about the same things...but you know guys...they see in greys and greens so it's a little hard sometimes. But ultimately, we talking about the same colors just to me it might be a warm white and to him it's a warm grey...I still don't get that but ok:)
Next we'll pick a bed and a couch! All the fun stuff. AND the Kitchen Aid mixer will find its place on our counter...I can't wait!

So for right now I'm a floater...I'll be in Jersey next week and then on vacation is sunny St. Maarten the week after. Wedding stuff has come to a halt... we're proofing our invites this week I think and then we're really on hold till August when the tastings start and we go to the flower market to pick flowers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big step!
I missed my apt. in the city for a long while, even though it was so small compared to our home.
Enjoy furnishing the new place, that is so much fun.....

St. Maarten? Aahhh....so jealous.

*krystyn* said...

Ooohh...St. Maarten, how fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, All the best with your big move with Ken. You are so lucky living in New York I would love to visit there, is looks amazing. Is your new house in New York too? =)It's so fun picking stuff for it and colors.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, All the best with your big move with Ken. You are so lucky living in New York I would love to visit there, is looks amazing. Is your new house in New York too? =)It's so fun picking stuff for it and colors.

ps sorry for posting twice my url didn't show up the first time so you wouldn't have known where i was from!