Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Product Alert!

So I have to share a few new products I've been using that I really really like. I realize you all have your favorites and I always welcome new tips, but maybe, just maybe I can help a little too:)

Hair stuff:
Sunsilk ThermaShine-
This stuff is great! I went to the store the other day is search of a cheap alternative to my Terax, which by the way is the best conditioner EVER made...But alas, it's something like $20 a small bottle so I have to conserve on weekdays when I know my hair doesn't have to be at 100%. But I've found the answer! This Sunsilk stuff is great! It smells pretty good, makes your hair super silky and then it boosts the shine big time when you take a hair dryer to it! And it feels good all day...A heads up though, if you want body and bigger hair, this is not for you. This makes it super smooth and flat.

Face Stuff:
Dr. Hauschka- What a line! I was a little nervous to buy it because it's not cheap and well, you never know with organic products what's going to happen three days later, so I purchased her started kit for like $18. It has little samples of everything...enough for like 2 weeks. It all smells very earthy and you can actually smell the different ingredients. It's not rough on your skin and really works towards creating balance. I especially love the deep cleanser! But, I also don't encourage people with super oily skin to use her moisturizers in the summer time...you get a little shiny... What can you do though, is every other day before you go to bed, instead of using her moisture cream, use that Neutrogena 3 in 1 preventative face gel to help keep pores clean and your skin zit free. The combo is working for me, so try it.

Quench black soap face wash: This is an awesome face cleanser. It's totally natural,but safely balanced and it cleans your skin wonderfully. The line is only sold online, but I got a sample and I actually really like the whole collection. Black soap is a cleanser that's been made is Africa for 100's of years and this girl from up here has decided to create fair trade groups with these African women to make her this cleanser and she pays them to fund their education and health care...it's all very cool. Check it out: www.quenchbathandbody.com

I think that's it for now...but I'm sure I'll find more!

A few brands I'm loving:
Three custom color
Neutrogena
Colgate toothpaste
Dyanne Belle jewelery



8 comments:

janbee88 said...

I think I'm going to try Quench. I've been shopping around for another face wash lately. But hair will ever and always Aveda.

Wale said...

Hey Snob,

I just found your blog recently and think that this post is awesome since it shows the potential of organics AND fair trade when it comes to beauty products. As a guy, I'm not so into hair products, but I like products that are good for the skin (including my facial scrub by Aubrey Organics).

I'm actually putting together a social network featuring informal reviews for Manhattan venues (boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, etc.) and events (fashion shows, gallery openings, concerts, parties) and I thought that you'd enjoy being a part of our beta testing period. It would be a great opportunity for you to write reviews, promote local events and your blog on a new social network, and connect with people through technology that connects people both online and offline. Let me know if you'd be interested in participating and maybe we can connect in person and have some drinks!

Cheers,
Wale
wale@mapflex.com

Sarah said...

Hi, I just came across your blog. I think I need to switch to an organic shampoo -- my hair has been shedding like crazy for the past month.

Also, honeymoon in Thailand is such a good call! You should go to The Four Seasons Tented Camp in Chiang Rai.

I went to a new years eve party at the Hotel Victor in South Beach last year. What are the hotel rooms like?

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who is sad they you never update anymore?

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I work in the television industry and I'm scouting for fashion experts in the NYC area. If you're at all interested, please email me at luxaholics@gmail.com
love to explain! -- Steph

ForDGRedial said...

Where have you gone? :o( x

roxy B said...

thanks for the tips... I like the Juara facial moisturizer..
http://www.twolia.com/shop

natural lashes said...

Hi, I just came across your blog. I think I need to switch to an organic shampoo -- my hair has been shedding like crazy for the past month.