Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Shoe and Dress Match Made In Heaven...or Strawberries.




Being Fabulash is not easy. I have found the most precious, stunning cocktail dress only to be hampered by lack of shoe options to match said dress. I was on a mission to find that perfect shoe yesterday. I hit every store on my walk down 5th Avenue. I would find a brown shoe, but no, too dark. A gold shoe, but alas, to shiny. A bronze shoe, only to discover the salesman completely disagreed with that option based on the length of my dress. I moved on. Store to store. I even went to the basement of Daffy's (gasp!). As I moved between the cramped aisles of shoes and oversized women carrying tons of cheap clothes, I thought I saw a gem! What is this? Dior! In Daffy's! It wasn't a perfect shoe and dress match made in heaven, but for Dior...I could make that work. I excitedly grabbed the shoe, relief swept over me and then, upon closer inspection to my dismay this wasn't a Dior...it was DONI? That's it. I threw the shoe down, ran as fast as I could out of that hellhole and reminded myself why I don't go there in the first place. Doni. I continued on in the face of defeat. I came across a Strawberries and thought, "what the hell? I've already sunk pretty low on this one." So, I went in only to find the exact bronze shoe that the salesman talked me out of at Nine West, but for half the price. It's an adorable peek-a-boo toe wedge in deep bronze. IT WAS A SHOE SHOPPING SIGN! Without any hesitation, I grabbed the shoes and bought them. I grinned as I walked out of the store. It may have took me two hours only to buy the exact shoe I saw first, but I knew my efforts weren't in vain. I now have the perfect shoe accessory for my perfect little dress.

No comments: