Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What's ok and what's not ok...

So over the past couple weeks I've noticed that some of my peripheral friends have become, let's say, grouchy... Not grumpy where in the offending party simply states, "yo I'm in a bad mood," but more like creates such a tense environment that all you want to do is run away. What can you do for these people? I'm at a total loss, because this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable to me. I would NEVER just be grumpy for the sake of being so and then make my friend feel bad for living. How can these people allow themselves to treat others this way! for example, the other night i was talking to a friend about men...what else is new right? Anyway, this friend is ready for a boyfriend but is having some difficulty finding one in the city. So she starts asking me about the great guy I'm dating and then as soon as i finish she prompts me to ask her, "so how are you doing?" To this she responds, "not good." I'm thinking, shit what's wrong? what happened? So I tell her everything will be ok and that I'm sorry. to this she responds with, "wrong answer." UHMMM WHAT!!!!!!! ??? what does that mean? What do you say to that? I was so irritated I hung up! it was like I was set up in the conversation to feel bad about the fact that things are good in my life.

Anyway, any words of wisdom concerning this fall grump that some seem to be in, would be much appreciated. I'm at a total loss...

Cheer the fuck up people! It's almost turkey time!

1 comment:

. said...

Oh oh, I've totally been there. It's not that you've said the wrong thing, it's that she's been hearing it from everyone, and can't take it any more. Just tell her "I know, it sucks" and any suggestions by you need to be prefaced with "well, last time I was single and I did (suggestion here)--I'm just saying, that helped me...."

She'll snap out of it at some point. But in the meantime, do try and be patient with her....