Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Kind of reminds me of a Michael Jackson-type disorder, no?

In a recent girlie get together, a friend mentioned an asinine conversation that she had with a group of her guy friends. Apparently, these guy friends (who are by no stretch of the imagination "catches" themselves, physically or otherwise) told my friend that they would not date a girl/woman who weighed more than 120 pounds.

For now, I will pass on commenting on the absurdity of this restriction. These are the men who will end up alone at 55, having been dumped by the 26-year-olds who ran off with a substantial portion of their earnings after they traded in their wives of 15 years for said 26-year-olds because the wives exceeded their weight requirements after bearing several children. Not interested anyways.

However, a great tidbit came out of this encounter. I relayed the story to a date (who obviously does cavort with females breaking that enormous 120-pound barrier), who responded by saying, "Personally, I question the sexuality and masculinity of a guy who doesn't desire curves, and instead desires a boyish figure."*

Word.

*Please note, I mean no disrepect to the short ladies out there, who can in fact be curvy indeed, and still weigh less than 120 pounds. However, myself and a substantial number of my friends run at and even far above the 5'6'' mark.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

true that! gay all the way!

Anonymous said...

I curious if they even know what 120 looks like.... You know how few people tell the truth about their weight, I bet they'd be surprised how absolutely fab 160 can look

ACG said...

after my new years party experience, even the gay boys love the curves ;-)

these men are more concerned with their image than with loving and being loved... sad very sad... and probablly why they aren't dating anyone currently or don't date someone more than a couple of times.

Anonymous said...

you can have curves w/o being a cow...aka 120 lbs and below. nuff said. stop trying to kid youself into liking obesity.