Thursday, January 05, 2006

One of the best places on earth! well...for a snob, that is...

This Christmas my family decided to spent some time out in a little town of 3000 called Telluride. Telluride is a little slice of heaven located between a circle of mountains. It has everything anyone could ever want and more! My mornings consisted of getting up at 8:30AM...this is only because the time is set back 2 hours so in reality my time was 10:30am. From there I would eat a calm breakfast, call Dial-a-ride, a free car service for the ENTIRE area, to come pick me up and take me to the Peaks, which is an INCREDIBLE spa located at the base of the mountain. Once at the Peaks I would go into the ladies locker room, grab my warming boots and have one of the attendants bring out my skis...oh yes, they have someone to do everything for you there. And to top it all off, THEY'RE NICE! So nice that it took me two days to understand why there was someone always trying to help me take off my coat or get me hot chocolate! Being a New Yorker, I was like, "WHAT! Why are you touching my shit!" hehehe:)

Following all those little steps I would step into my boots and skis and just ski out of the spa onto a perfectly groomed slope. I have to say it was the best thing ever! Following my day of skiing, which included many stops at "beaches" along the way to lie out in the sun, i would softly ski back into the spa and head to the steam room, sauna and pool. Did I mention there was an amazing slide into the pool! SOOOOOO fun!

Besides the incredible skiing, celeb watching (day 1 sat down to try on boots and bumped heads with Tom Cruise who was sitting right next to me getting his fitted as well) (yes, he's short, but has killer smile), eating and drinking on the mountain, the town of Telluride is a fantasy land for anyone who loves cozy bars and fun shopping.

All in all, I have to say Telluride is wonderful and if you can stomach the 8 hours it takes to get there with propjobs and all..DO IT! You'll love every second of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read about Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake being there... I wonder if you were swooshing past them on the slopes and didn't notice them.... That would have been a grand citing. (Although Cruise is pretty great...)