Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tribeca Rooftop


Yesterday was another venue viewing night...We hit the Hudson Theatre first...in the heart of Broadway...big no no. The place is very interesting and has a great history. It was the original home of the Tonight Show and was also the first theatre to be owned by a woman, but all that wasn't enough for me to want to have my wedding there. It's a theatre...you get married on a stage, you dance on a stage, you cut the cake in the "Queens box." Definitely not for me or my fiance.

I have a hard enough time just thinking about everyone watching me walk down the aisle and then having to say my vows in front of all those people, but to then do it on a freakin stage! Oh HELL NO!

Next we went to Tribeca Rooftop. Incredible views from the huge roofdeck, stunning windows and views from the entire venue...seriously the place is perfect. It even has a very nice carpeting that makes it much easier for the ladies to stay on their feet all night in heels! The dance floor is also perfect! The catch...it's expensive. VERY expensive...way out of budget. The cool thing is they have lounge furniture there so we wouldn't have to bring it all in from a prop place so that saves costs...I just don't know. This gets harder and harder each day.

We are looking at Manhattan Penthouse and Westside Loft tomorrow. I hear they are both strong options for us and might not be as crazy $$$!!!!!

I'm trying very hard to stick to my guns on this budget, but it's so hard to when there are so many little parts that go into a wedding...This is all only about the venue and food!!! The rest is still to come!

4 comments:

MertMengelmier said...

Check out Little Branch, nice bar (expensive, if you're into that) and the bartender makes Prohibition style, very strong drinks). It's on 7th and Leroy. Also, check out Woo Lae Oak on Mercer. Also ridiculously good. The Village/Soho is where it's at.

Unknown said...

a budget is just a guide. i promise it will get away from you before you know it. it happens to everyone, or at least those i know that have gotten married. have your budget as a cushion and then have the next cost level. just don't get too far out of that "next level". just soem advice from a girl who just got married!

Lisa said...

I was JUST going to email you...Tribeca Loft is where my boss got married...

Her wedding is supposed to be in some magazine this month...I'll let you know if I can find it...

If I ever get married (this decade) you will be a walking encyclopedia of wedding knowledge!

- said...

I've been to wedding ceremonies in NY where the reception is an hour upstate or on Long Island. If you want the beach in W. Hampton, Atlantica is a perfect spot. I would've chosen that or Gurney's in Montauk if I had chosen to get married in NY instead of the island of Martha's Vineyard.