Thursday, September 21, 2006

Two more off the list!

Last night we looked at a couple more venues...Manhattan Penthouse and Westside Loft. I can say with full confindence that I will not be getting married at the Manhattan Penthouse! Westside Loft, well, it wasn't awful, just not what I picture when I see my wedding in my head. But, I could work with it if forced!

Manhattan Penthouse is what I would call a wedding factory in the city, with a view. You can almost feel all the tacky weddings that were held there as you walk through the space. Lot's of cake feeding and and posing in front of poorly lit windows and corners...tables circling a small dance floor with lot's of poofy napkins...It was everything I DIDN'T want to imagine. ANd then I saw the "album." Every venue has these albums of pictures from past events, so that you can try to visualize the space...thank you very much, but I can do that without having to see some ghetto ass wedding pictures from 1988! These pictures were so bad I felt sorry for the guy showing them to us. We didn't ask questions. I sat down so I could take a rest and because I desperately had to pee! And then we left.

Westside Loft is a little better just because the staff is cool and the space is well, Lofty. But it's a low level loft so there's no view at all and one side of the loft actually faces a wall! It has potential, but in the end it's a rectangular shaped room with very limited set-ups...and my vision calls for more of a circular venue...But it did have very pretty light fixtures and the bathrooms were decent enough...these are all things I have to take into consideration...

So as of right now we're leaning towards Peter White and Tribeca Rooftop. Tomorrow we are seeing Metropolitan Pavillion, Top Floor of the Puck Building and Prince George Ballroom...We will make a final decision tomorrow night after all the site visits are completed. I can't wait to finally have a place!!!! AHHHH!!! SO exciting!

No comments: