Monday, April 16, 2007

WE DID IT!

We closed on the apt...thank god! It all went very well and there was no tension or any bad feelings. Usually those things are so tense thanks to all the lawyers, but mostly we chatted about honeymoon locations and how the flip tax in NYC sucks royally. It was over in an hour...I wrote out some big checks, handed over any money I had and left with a huge debt and keys to our new apt! Very exciting! We ran over there and just walked around our new space with huge smiles on our faces loving every inch of it.

The weekend was consumed with painting and running around getting stuff for the new place. Sunday Ken scrubbed the bathroom walls and I helped wash it all down...I cleaned all the closets and started to organize everything. By Sunday night the apt was repainted and ready to be moved into. Tomorrow morning Ken moves in and then Wed is my big day:) It's all kind of hard to believe, but it's real and this is my new home. We live together, we own property together,we share a massive debt, we have our dishes that we will be using for the next 5 to 10 years...AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

On a different note...the vitamin situation has become this...Flax Seed Oil and Fish Oil with OMega-3/Omega-6... plus a multi vitamin. On a tip from a good friend, she mentioned the fish oil...and even though it smell terrible, she says her skin is amazing from it.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Congrats! You're living the dream I've always wanted. I used to live in NYC and realized that it's too expensive to buy on my own, so now I'm a happy homeowner in Toronto. Enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

I second the fish oil.....

Congrats on the big step.