Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chinatown Brasserie



Last night Ken and I finally hit up Chinatown Brasserie...I've had my eye on it for a couple weeks now, ever since I passed it heading to brunch at 5 Points (ALSO AMAZING!). It's in the old Fez spot and well, I have some funny memories of that place, so I thought why the hell not check it out.
The place is really great inside! It has a long bar to the left with some smaller tables...very easy place to meet for happy hour! And...their frozen Mai Tai was very refreshing. Our table was near the center of the dining room and our server was excellent. We ordered som Dim Sum to start...Soup dumplings and pork buns... Fantastic! And then for the main course we had the peking duck with noodles and mushrooms...also wonderful! The desert was chocolate cake, of course...I always go for the chocolate cake. Yummy and warm and served with Creme Fraiche...
Overall I'd have to say it was a great dinner! The decor is warm and welcoming with some very pretty textiles and colors(the huge curtains are an amazing orange silk with Aqua velvet bottoms) and the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The only downside...we spent $120 on chinese food...yep, that's right, a meal that in chinatown would have been just as incredible and would have cost us $35 at most, cost us $120...

Check it out and have a drink at the bar and maybe order some dim sum... Otherwise, head to Joe's Shanghai...:)

4 comments:

K said...

Oooh. I've walked by it many a time but never popped in...

Anonymous said...

The soup dumplings at Joe's Shanghai make my head spin...I love those things...

The Team said...

They really are amazing:) I think I might need to head down there in the next couple weeks...

NotCarrie said...

You guys are making me hungry!