Thursday, June 08, 2006

My yesterday posted today...

There's something about when it rains in this city...New Yorkers get grumpy and well drivers who come in from out of town get sloppy. Actually, I think there should be a new rule that says NO non New Yorkers can enter the island of Manhattan when it's raining. This morning I woke up, attempted to take my dog out for his morning walk, but because of the rain drops on his head he dropped his ears, gave me "that" look and bolted for the door into my building...I then showered, dropped a big ass bottle of conditioner on my foot, slipped getting out of my shower because my phone was ringing ( I never just jump out...I always wipe my feet before putting them down on the rug...I hate wet rug!) and I almost bit it big time!

I had a 10:15Am doctor's app on the UES so when I left my apt at 9:45 I thought, cool I'll just jump in a cab... Picture me in long shorts, flip flops and a sweater...not the best outfit for today!
So I'm standing there in the rain, getting soaked when huge royal blue escalade heads right for me! No blinker, nothing just coming at me! So I move back a little and to the right and it starts backing up into me!!! I'm like "what the hell?!" This idiot was actually trying to park but was 10 ft from the curb, with no blinker on! So she yells out to me, "move your fat ass!" uhmmmmmmmm... If you know me, you know I have black out moments where I just lose it...this was one of those moments. I approached the car window, got up in her face and told her, "there are many things on me that have fat, but my ass is not one of them so fuck you." i then gave her the finger and I told her to go to hell and learn how to park., and that I would call the cops for trying to hit me." I think she got scared because she drove away and didn't come back...LA LOSER! OMG can you imagine! I do not spend 4 hours a week in spin class and another 2 running, so that some dumb ass bitch in an ugly car can tell me I have a fat ass! I DON'T THINK SO! Oh and she was an out-of-towner! Seriously, there should be a law!

I made it to my doctor, spent $200 because she doesn't take ANY insurance, not that I have any, but still... got home to pick up my dog an hour later to see he pooped all over the bathroom because well, he had to go... Ran to work and here I am...Super day so far...super! it can only get better or more strange...

*** The day got better...Ended it with a great gathering of friends, wine and yummy food...Even in the rain there is hope!

3 comments:

NotCarrie said...

Wow, you told her! But you're right, stick up when they're wrong! I got called a rich, snobby bitch once and turned around and shouted, "I AM NOT RICH!"

Adelaide Collective said...

Wow...that's intense. Screw her.

LemonDrop said...

Argh! That would royally piss me off too. I'm one to have monster road rage, so I am totally with you on this one.

So I take it when I come to the city, I should not drive, I should either walk or take the subway. ;)