Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A cool Show...another reason to love New York!


Yesterday is a little fuzzy when I try to think back to where my day began...The usual, get up, shower, jump in a cab to work...work all day doing a ton of stuff that usually leads to a tiny conclusion, then ran home, ran to my boot camp class at the gym, sweated my ever-expanding ass off, sprinted home, showered, jumped in a cab and arrived at my destination...the Sean Kelly Gallery on 29th between 10th and 11th.

The exibit was a side by side display of Robert Mapplethorpe and Andy Warhol's Celebrity Portraits. This is the first time these two artist have been displayed side by side, and even though it's a very quick walk-through, it is very cool to see. Andy's polaroids are very fun to examine and Robert's bigger prints all have something just so captivating about them. My favorite was most definitely the Mapplethorpe of Isabella Rossellini. She is just gorgeous! From Mick Jagger to Copote, there are so many different personalities to look at! Everything is for sale ranging from $7500 to $85,000 so if it's not all sold already, you can get some great stuff!

Following that nice little walk-through, we jumped over to Pre Post for a quick dinner. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Chillean Sea bass and it was well prepared, with a sake, mushroom and pineapple sauce. It was the perfect portion as well, which I find is important these days...Usually the portion size is off and I end up feeling too full or still hungry. From there we walked a couple blocks and decided to jump in a cab home. It was another great New York evening...always something interesting to do and great places to eat with great people.

No comments: