Monday, July 10, 2006

I LOVE GREAT NEW YORK WEEKENDS!


I've realized that I just ADORE this city! When I leave it for a day too long, I miss it. When I'm discussing it with other city dwellers, I get super excited to tell them about all the amazing things we have here. When I think and dream about NYC, my dreams are always filled with great images and wonderful memories. There's just no other place like NYC.

I have lived in other cities, many of them also exciting and wonderful, but there's just no getting over New York...you may think you are beat down and tired,but then you leave and it haunts you,because you will always know how incredible it is here. This is not to say that everyone is meant to live here. I know many who get cranky about the crowded streets and say New Yorker's are nasty and whatever, but when someone leaves here by choice, another moves right in to start their fantastic adventure! Some people are just not city people and need more grass, a car to drive to work everyday...that's totally acceptable,but not for me. This city gives me energy everyday! I love hearing the sirens of the fire trucks, the smell of coffee and bacon streaming from the deli in the morning...I love the craziness on the subway in the morning, well, when I'm not waiting 30 min for a train, but I just love seeing all the different types of people. I've lived here for 4 years now and it just doesn't get old. Soon I'll move from Gramercy to who know where in the city,but it will be a whole new adventure and feel I'm sure.

Anyway, this weekend was wonderful! It was a sort of birthday weekend and my two very best friends from school came up to visit. It was amazing having them here, as usual and when they left it felt terrible and I'll miss them till I see them again in August.

The weekend started with drinks at a local bar with a bunch of my friends and my boyfriends friends all meeting up. Very calm and so good to see everyone! Saturday continued in style with a spa day for 13 friends. It was so nice to relax in a steam room and sauna! It was short, but worth it! Later that night we met up on the rooftop of 230 5th ave for a little drinkin...I'm just so lucky to have great people in my life! Ken bought a bottle of champagne to start off the evening and then a bottle of vodka to keep it going:) It was just perfect sitting there over looking the empire state building and the rest of this wonderful city! It was such a great night...It was the perfect birthday.

Sunday we went to 5 points for brunch...uhmmm...I have no words...just so good. Then we moved onto a little shopping then home to watch the world cup finals!!! whooo hooo!!!! I couldn't be happier about Italy's win!!! What an incredible end to a loooooong game! I called my house to congratulate my dad and there was music and I could hear my mom in the background singing the anthem...I swear it was like New Years over there!!! SoOOOOOOOO exciting!

Then Ken and I wrapped up the perfect weekend with an early birthday present...a magnificent box of chocolates from Maison du Chocolat, some pizza and seeing the movie, Cars....super cute!

Anyway, it was a great weekend! Everything went so smoothly and I had a wonderful time!

No comments: