Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Del Posto for a birthday dinner...not to shabby.


Finally! Del Posto! I have never wanted to eat a restaurant so bad and have been looking forward to this meal for such a long time! When I found out we were headed to Del Posto for my birthday I was counting the days!!!

It was everything I thought it would be. The place is beautifuly designed inside to give a grand impression. There are fresh flowers, a stunning long bar to the side, stairs it seems everywhere running downstairs in the front and upstairs in the back center. There are marble topped stations that cool drinks and keep freshly prepared food warm right in the center of the seating, carts with goodies like cheese, fresh cookies and chocolate for the tasting, and my favorite...very cool floors. I absolutely noticed that first when i walked in. It has a very Vasarely feel to it and the colors are great. It create a wonderful depth to the space.

The staff was also very nice. Everyone was calm and attentive...we had a little issue with finding a salt grinder that worked, but it was pretty funny and after that nothing went wrong. For starters we ordered the anitpasta plate, which was very yum...A little parma a little cheese, some lovely olives and fresh summer squash. ALl washed down with some refreshing prosecco...perfect!

For primi we went with the choice of 3 pastas for the table. We began with a ravioli filed with short ribs, topped with butter and leeks...AMAZING! Next, we had gnocchi with wite beans and asparugus pesto...also very good. And finally we had fresh spinach pene with bolognese sauce. That pasta was outstanding...it had the perfect consistency and really compimented its sauce,which was just outstanding.

For secondi I had the duck...The best duck I've ever had. I think it beat out the duck I had at the SW steak house at the Wynn in Las Vegas, and that's hard to beat, because that really was the best meal I've ever had. It was really just fantastic! It melted in my mouth and had a wonderful sweet/salty glaze on it that really finished it off well.

For desert, I of course did the chocolate tasting. The chocolates ranged from 60% cacao, 72% to 90%!!!!! That was a really fun experience. Just tasting the different levels of cacao was interesting and very enlightening...I personally like the 72% the best. It had a creamy enough base but had a wonderful full taste. The 90% wasn't very good at all...it had a sour after taste and crumbled in my mouth...it didn't melt well at all...but it was very cool to taste. Ken had a Salzbuger Nokerl, a very yummy rasberry puff thing, with a lemon basil cream tower next to it...ALSO great! And I had laveder Chamomile tea...very smooth and settled my stomach perfectly.

The meal ended with some incredible fresh cookies and a little bag to go of fresh bread crumbs...how cute is that!!!!

After 3 1/2 hours... our meal ended. It was really just so much fun and I can't wait to go back!!!! It's not cheap, but I've definitely paid that much money at a huge group dinner where all I ate was a small meal and a half a glass of wine, while everyone else got wasted on drink after drink...THIS was soooo much more worth it!

I strongly suggest you go to Del Posto!!!


OH! And a side note!!! Ken got me a wonderful bday present!!!!! I am the proud new owner of the top of the line Ice Cream machine!!! whoo hooo! I can't wait to make fresh gelato and other fun stuff!!!!

1 comment:

NotCarrie said...

I had to stop reading bc I was drooling;)