Monday, November 13, 2006

And I feel better

I feel better because I had a weekend full of quality time combined with fun activities, great purchases and serious cuddling. I know I know, it sounds so mushy,but it was wonderful to just lie there and snuggle a bit. Started the weekend off with a wonderful date at the Turkish Kitchen, followed by some great time spent on the couch catching up on episodes of Grey's Anatomy and LOST. OH! We tried PinkBerry as well...I have to say it's good stuff. I was a little worried about it. I'd heard it was kind of sour,kind of like the stuff at 40 Carrots in Bloomies (which I hate!). BUT it wasn't like that at all! It was tangy but sweet enough,but not too sweet. I say try it for yourself and see what you think.

The rest of the weekend was filled with shopping. We tried desperately to pick out a china pattern. We started at Bloomingdales...two hours later...NOTHING! THen we moved to Michael C. Fina, where they have EVERYTHING! We spent another 2 hours there, only to narrow down our search to 4 settings. After that we had to stop...not because we were done for the night, but because they were closing the store. Yes, very sad,but very funny! I think this whole process is hillarious! Seriously, We have to pick a pattern that we're going to not use till we have a house, so like in 6 years, one that we'll like then, and something that we will still like when we're 50...what are the chances of that!? I mean, if it was Herend, we'd be fine, but being that a 5 peice setting is around $1100, we have to find something a little cheaper. Not to mention my mother has enough of it for a small army...So what happens? We find somethings we like...they are also on the more expensive side. But the thing is, we don't just want to get white plates with platinum trim, because we want something more formal. So we have to both find a pattern we like and think we will like years from now. Such a process! After a long day of pattern shopping we headed out for some fantastic Sushi and some drinks. We actually went back to FLute...a place we went after our first date. I love that place. It's the kind of place I'd host a party at, with champagne coctails flowing and great lighing! If I have anything to celebrate in the next year, that's not my wedding...I am so hosting a party there!

Finally, Sunday we took a drive out to the Short HIlls Mall. It's so nice to just walk around a mall sometimes, you know? The temperature is regulated, it's not raining, and they have everything! We ate dinner out at a great little family restaurant in Summit and then came back into the city to spend the rest of the night vegging. It really was a great weekend. I need this so bad after last week!

AND...there were no dead mice when i walked into my apt...just a very happy little Oscar:) Hopefully I've caught them all...well, for now at least! Damn mice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the Heloise pattern by Raynaud (French from the Limoges region). That is our pattern. I love it and I think it will suit us for many, many years.

The Team said...

It is in the running definitely! We actually came to a funny decision last night...we're going to buy twelve totally different settings and over the years collect many different patterns! this way, we'll never get bored and our table will always be exciting! And...our kids can pick their favs and we can have what we like. Ken saw this done before and said it's awesome and I LOVE the idea!

NotCarrie said...

Oooh, sounds like an awesome weekend.

Ms Nicole said...

Ok, so I need to talk to you...I've been reading your blogs (came across it while searching for Tribeca Rooftop) & well, you sound so similiar in your taste for a wedding & I'm currently trying to plan one also - still looking for venue...Well, get back if ya can:)