Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving...went well.

First things first, as a total side bar...I've been wearing glasses for the past year because I was not allowed to wear my conctact lenses...I had to do this because my eyes needed to recover from years of damage done by contacts so that I can get Lasik eye surgery. AND finally...the doctor gave me the green light and I am now schedule for the procedure Wed morning 8:30am!!! This is super exciting for me after spending a whole year stuck in my glasses I'm finally going to be free of them FOREVER!

Anyway! back to Thanksgiving. It was a ton of work,but very fun to see the whole family:) A few little things happened that stressed me out a bit...first, my intitial dose of stuffing turned out bitter because I put the onions in the food processor to save time. WARNING! NEVER OVER process your onions! So after all that work I went to taste the stuffing and it was terrible! I had to start over. Ran to the foodstore at 9pm, cut up everything again and made it once more...for 17 people. Ahhh yes, fun times. THEN! I decided to make a spice cake (from Rachel Ray's mag) and a vanilla chocolate cake, for desserts. I was inspired by all the suggestions...thanks guys! So I made the first cake and it was great, but I thought to myself wouldn't it be fantastic to make it with Splenda so my dad the diabetic can eat some...uhmmm yeh...DO NOT COOK WITH SPLENDA IN A CAKE! It doesn't rise the same and is super mushy...I would go with the half splenda/ half sugar thing... SO I had to make it three times. But that was it for the issues.

The rest just flowed and of course, Ken's mom and sister did not fail to impress. His mom made the most incredible pumpkin pie I've ever had, along with a cheesecake to die for and some cookies I swear people were stashing to save for themselves! His sister presented an amazing chocolate chip torte, more like everything bad for you in a plate. it was all really incredible. I forced myself to throw away the last slice of cheesecake last night because I knew I would crave it like I am right this second. Damn it! WHY WHY WHY did I throw that away...it would be so good when I get home! ugh!

But anyway, A good time was had by all:)

2 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Good luck with the LASIK...I've had it twice...

NotCarrie said...

Exciting about no more glasses!


And I totally would have given up after the first cake...you're a better woman than I.