Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Angry People


I have a hard time relating to angry people. I think it's because I'm the type of person who gets mad, explodes, and then just goes back to being normal happy and content. So when I'm caught off guard by one of these angry people I don't know what to do.

Last night I was getting into the elevator of my building with Oscar, my little dog. We had just said good night to Ken and I have to say I had a big smile on my face as I entered the cabin.

I unhooked Oscar's leash because I saw that we were getting off first, not that he would EVER run out...he's such a good dog. The guy in the elevator says, "Keep your dog away from me, I hate dogs." I was so shocked I just stared at him...and then the words came to me. So I asked him, "you hate dogs, yet you moved into a pet friendly building where dogs are abundant?" and he says, " I hate rats." Can you believe this guy? This middle aged, balding, not attractive, angry man!!!? So I told him I thought he was as asshole and that that Oscar didn't like him either. And then! As I got off the elevator he yelled, "rat!" So I yelled back "Ugly Douche Bag." Mature, I know...but come on! Who does that?! An Angry person does that.

I ran into my apartment and called down to the doorman to ask who this guy was and of course the first thing he said was, "he's an angry evil man." He then told me that he has been very mean to many people in the building and has had full on physical fights with a few dog owners as well. This is the guy that when his wife had a baby, went around to everyone on his floor threatening them if they smoked a cigarette in their apts or lit a candle...WOW!

Well, I just had to vent becuase I don't understand people like that. He must have a terrible life if he has to be that mean to a little dog.

5 comments:

Roxy said...

wow. AND he's married with a kid?
That is just awful. I'm sorry you had to deal with him, but you're dog is most certainly NOT a rat.

The Team said...

Thank you! Isn't he such a cutie:)

*krystyn* said...

That guy sounds like he has MAJOR issues. Geez!! He sounds like a very miserable angry person. I hope you don't run into him too often.

Elizabeth H. said...

I would flip ot if someone said that about my dog! Glad that you said something.

Unknown said...

I just read this and it is interesting that you describe the man as "balding" and not "attractive". Would it have been better for him to call your dog a rat if he was more attractive? Describing his looks makes you seem very shallow yourself. I can already tell you are incredibly spoiled. By insulting him, you are no better, and he should have kicked or spit on your mutt.