Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Comments


So last night I watched the Oscars along with a billion other people. It was nice to see Marty Scorsese finally win. I def got excited! Hellen Mirren...ok, she's the hottest woman over 60, no exception! WOW! Ellen did a great job hosting...wish there had been more of her! Those dancers behind the screen were awesome! Best part of the show!

The hands down best dress woman of the night, was Rachel Weisz. Seriously, that woman looked incredible! From her hair to her make-up, to her dress and shoes...she reigned supreme. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised...she is one of the most elegant women is Hollywood today.

BAD...Cameron Diaz. The dress was ok, she took a chance and well, she has a kick ass body so it's not like she's going to look really terrible in anything, but the hair was god awful and her make-up...where was it? I think my favorite thing on her were those earrings! wow!

Jennifer Hudson...what the hell was that? And don't come at me with, "well it's going to be so instyle to wear this little jackets..." OH HELL NO! She is a big girl, I'm a big girl...I look fatter in these things and so did she! She does NOT need added puff in her shoulders, she already has nice shoulders! The dress was pretty, it was just that...pretty. I liked the pockets and she look comfy in it. The brown..eh...her skin tone was so close to the color of the dress and her make-up was so fantastic that I would have like to see her in another color... the gold dress she had on at the press box was awesome!

Celine Dion...stunning! I loved everything about her dress and look last night. It was so refreshing to not see a pleat or a sequence...it just flowed so well.

Nicole Kidman...ok ok, enough with the long straight hair already! The dress was awesome and she looked fantastic in it. It was one of my favs of the night, but the hair color was a little brassy and made her face look yellow. BUT...she was so beautiful it's hard to say anything bad.
Gweneth Paltrow... When I first saw her all I could say was, "what?" but then I took a closer look and she actually looked ok. The dress was really quite beautiful. It had nice details and the the actual shape of the dress was drop dead hot! I don't know about the color, but she def wore the dress...it didn't wear her. Her hair...same as Nicole's...fine.
If I looked anything like Gweneth I'd thank my lucky stars and wear whatever I wanted...

Kate Winslet...looked like a key lime puff. It was ok...nothing special at all...I love it when she wears deep jewel tones...she just sparkles so much more like that.
Cate Blanchett...She always looks incredible! I kind of felt like she was wearing a suit of armor at first, but then with that one shoulder cap and her stunning figure...she looked fantastic. The color was cool too..very different. And if you had a chance to see her earrings...they were so amazing!

Reese Witherspoon...lovely, pretty, sharp, confident! I LOVED this dress! her hair was very cute as well. She went with the long and straight, but thank god did NOT brush it all to one side like some others...and the bangs were very chic on her...normally I would say ick to bangs but she pulled it off!

Kirsten Dunst...terrible silver big bird...what the F was that shit?! yuck! and she does not look good in bangs...totally fugly!

Beyonce...it was ok...I think it must have been better in person because people were raving! I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because she did look very pretty!

Jennifer Lopez...My third favorite dress of the night! She looked perfect! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!


All in all I'd like to applaud the stylists of this years Oscars! They did a fantastic job! It's always so obvious to me when a celeb tries to dress themselves...Meryl Streep...last night...did not use a stylist. Anne Hathaway should shoot her stylist and why oh why did Valentino make that dress?! At least no one fell or wore John Paul Gautier...;)

I'd give this Oscar a 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, those comments were true snob in the city fashion...not so sure about all your opinions, but... eh... what the heck!

thought the oscars were a bit boring this year... thought kate winslet's dress was lovely AND the color... thought gWenyth's dress was awesome... nicole was a knock out and if you've appeared in a movie with her like i have (stepford) you'd appreciate her beauty. yes, her shoulders are REALLY 15 inches apart. she is so slight, but a really genuine person.... and the red was HOT!

i've seen ellen funnier, although her suits were sharp. all in all i thought the awards went all around. it was great to see them spread out instead of just one BIG winner taken' them all home!

dreamgirls performance was great!

ta ta!

Unknown said...

I agree with most everything you said....

Rachel Weisz looked glamorous and classy- I believe she is coming off of a birth of a child, and she was a "little" fuller- she was gorgeous.

Ann Hathaway?! She needs to fire whoever encouraged her to wear that frock.

And to add....I am not normally a George Clooney fan, but didn't he look hot that night?!