Friday, March 24, 2006

Confessions of a product addict...the latest in my collection

Over the years I've tried almost every product on the market...be it for hair, face, nails, body, lips...trust me, I've tried it. Lately my quest have been to find the perfect hair products. It's tough because I dye my hair which means everything has to be color safe and gentle blah blah blah... AND I don't want to spend $50 a bottle...But I came across a some products that have been very good for my hair and so I'd like to share them.

Freeman's- Pure color fresh shine shampoo and conditioner are fantastic! Love the smell, the texture and most of all it leaves my hair super soft! And it's relatively inexpensive...in the $6 range depending on where you buy it.

Aussie 3 min treatment- Another great product. Don't love the smell so much. Kind of reminds me of my 3rd grade scratch n' sniff grape stuff and markers, but it really does the job. IF you just got your hair done and it's a little on the rough side, get this and use it for a week. If you can put it in and then wrap your head in some plastic wrap and put a towel on it...even better! You'll thank me!

Bain De Terre- the Shampoo and conditioners leave you hair feeling like silk! Seriously one of my favorite products, but it's not cheap, so I use sparingly... LOVE the smell of this. My stylist also uses this product and whenever I leave there my hair smell and shines something fierce!

Fructis serum for shine- uhmmm I swear by this product. I don't think I ever leave the house without it on my ends...It seals everything and adds a hint of shine just to make sure you know how fabulous you look...And is smells great. It mixes well with most products too. Just be careful, don't put too much on the top of your head...it is a serum after all...

Halo- The smell of these products are unbeatable...That's how Halo and I met...I smelled someone's hair and asked them what they used. But, that's not all...Halo is an amazing expensive product. It really repairs hurting hairs...I swear...I've seen what it can do.

Pantene- The crack of hair products...Soooo bad for you , but soooo good at the same time. My stylist tells me over and over again not to use these products, but do I listen? NO! That softness, sleekness and shine are unbeatable! AND FOR THAT PRICE! Still hate the smell, but alas, what can I do...I'm addicted.

That's all for right now...next month will be another story...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm such a sucker for marketing and expensive beauty products. Sigh.

The Team said...

Oh! I know! And if you add up exactly how much you spend, you'd be shocked!!! I must find the Perfect product:)

Unknown said...

Seriously! My favorite shampoo (though I can't say it does anything special for my colored hair) is Phyto's Phytojoba Hydrating Shampoo. It's rich and smells divine.

NotCarrie said...

I love Kiehl's hair products. The stuff for straightening hair and protecting it from the hair drier is awesome!


I'm a brand whore so I tend to stick to what I like unless a product has a great ad campaign.

hotdrwife said...

OH MY. This is funny ... I was in a hurry and used the Pantene stuff and my husband said, "What's in your hair? It smells like MEDICINE!" - ha.

I'm forking out the big bucks for Phyto products and love them.

K said...

Thanks for the tips--I had no idea pantene was so bad!!!

Anonymous said...

General question: What happened to the old snob we have grown to love?
It seems as if you have gone soft on us recently aka Softinthecity.

The Team said...

hehehe snobinthecity was actually started by me, but had some fantastic writers that added to the personality. We've split off now, but they each have their own fantastic blogs! I know one for sure is avenue-elle and the other I'm not sure, but I'm sure you can ask Elle:) But thanks for the question Anonymous!

Lisa said...

Anon: Downtown Chic is the old "Snob" you're referring to...check out her new spot at:

http://downtown-chic.blogspot.com/