Monday, March 13, 2006

Sushi Samba rocks!

So this past Saturday night a few of us decided to try the tasting menu at the fabulous Sushi Samba! With boyfriends in tow, along with some fantastic out of towners, we embarked on a night of sushi and sake:)

We started the first course with some amazing calamari, salad and beef skewers! I've never seen calamari disappear so fast and I have to confess, but I was responsible for the dent in one of them...SOOOOO GOOD!!! The next course was 2 huge round trays of sushi and sashimi! Some tasty eel, salmon, shrimp tempura rolls, spicy tuna rolls and all the wasabi you can dream of! The third course was this incredible chillean sea bass and chicken teriyaki with these purple mashed potatoes! Simply delightful! The final round was desert...this cake type thing that people seemed to like and then this great chocolate banana cake with ice cream...uhmmm yeh...I ate one...oh yes i did:) YUMMY!!!

I have to say, as much as I don't usually enjoy the "group dining" experience, i really had fun this time...maybe it was the crowd or the delicious sake, I don't know...but i do know it was fun and worth every penny:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love group dining with the right group of friends : )

Anonymous said...

Sushi Samba is definitely a great place to go with friends. I was there on Friday, good eats, good company, great fun!!!