Sunday, April 02, 2006

One Great Trip


To say St. Maarten was wonderful would be a vast understatement, so all the words I would use to describe this trip are; relaxing (really though, not just surface relaxation...this was the real thing), heart warming, thrilling, full of new self discovery, warm and fuzzy, sand between your toes fabulous and much much more. This was one of the best trips I've ever taken and I sobbed my eyes out when it was time to leave. Yeh, I know it's silly, because i'll be back soon enough, but still, it hurt to leave this time so I'll admit there were tears:) There's really nothing better than having a total sense of security, the sun shining over the incredible blue water and drinking drinks that I have labeled pineapple coconut creamy heaven...better known as a Pina Colada.

So as the trip was ended and we dropped the car off at the dealer and arrived at the airport I kept thinking to myself, wow! this is going sooo smoothly...hmmm... uhmmm yeh...as we arrived there was HUGE line wrapping around the airport...the shuttle driver said, "no worries, that's for USAIR..." we were on AMerican and 3 hours early so I just assumed we were cool... NOPE. that line was the departures line to get to the gates. We waited 2 hours in line in the heat trying to get through two tiny fucking doors... I think the best were the assholes who thought they were too cool for school so they tried to cut this huge line...I saw 4 fights break out! I was dying laughing the whole time and then this little bitch tried to cut in front of me and that was about the breaking point. I seriously thought i was going rip her a new one...Ken had to hold me back. Luckily, i was not arrested for assault in the islands and we went through to the gates.

But then Uma Thurman and Andre balazs came and sat down next to us and things took a turn. All I can say is "damn Gina!" She is glorious! Seriously stunning in person. AND...so nice! We admired her for a bit before we got on the plane and then by luck sat almost next (row behind, but who's counting) to them on the flight home and they couldn't have been more sweet. At one point there was an entire plane load of people in line trying to talk to her and Ken and I were just trapped in a row by on coming traffic... All Uma could do was smile and sign autographs and answer questions. I also have to say, I noticed she might be preggers...Not my business, but it's a definite possibility... Seriously though...people have NO tact! There were two guys just standing over our shoulders staring at her. It was crazy!!!!!!! Who would EVER want to be a celeb?!!! Awful! but, it was fun to actually see the whole deal go down...sounds so wierd, but that's what we did for like 7 hours, because oh yes, we had an emergency landing in San Juan because the navigation system shut down... good bonding time with Uma and Andre:) Who by the way, are very much together...they were hugging and kissing and just so happy together.

So yeh, all in all I'd give this trip a 10...Boyfriend was amazing! I had some thoughts before we left about spending every waking second together, but it wasn't enough...being without him is strange now. I guess this is all a very good sign:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Sounds fabulous.

NotCarrie said...

Yay! Glad you had a good time...hilarious airport stories, wow!

Adelaide Collective said...

Nice sighting! That must top the list, huh?

Anonymous said...

I see her all the time in Union Square ... seems like a real person. Thing about Manhattan is, she can walk around unaccosted.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Like your blog. glad you had a great time in my hometown.