Monday, October 02, 2006

Engagement parties are very fun!

This past saturday we celebrated our engagement with ALL of our family members...It might as well have been a small wedding, because there were a lot of people there all wanting to take pictures and say hi and congratulate us! We had a blast:)

It's simply amazing to me how well our families get along. There was so much happiness and positive energy in the room, you could feel it! We saw family friends that flew in from out west, family that we NEVER see on a normal basis and hung out with family that we love to see all the time...It's so hard to explain, but it felt so good.

Ken and I were running around all night talking to people about how we met, our wedding that is SLOWLY taking shape, our lives and our plans for the future. I was exhausted by the end of the night and I didn't have a single drink and barely ate something...IF this is any sign of what the wedding will be like, damn! I better get a burger before I put my dress on and have a few shots! THIS is why i want to have an after-party...so I can take off my dress, slip into something very cute and dance, drink and get a little nutty!

By the time we got home and the remaining guest left our house after late night, we were beyong tired...but not too tired to open presents!!! We got some amazing gifts, which is so surprising to me, because we were not expecting gifts for our engagement! But we got such nice things off our registry and people were very generous. It was so sad to leave all of our nice new stuff at home, but we'll see it again soon:)

I could always visualize our lives together, that was never a problem, but NOW I can fully see it! I just can't wait to find our apt and to get married and just start our lives together...I mean, we basically don't exist without each other on a daily basis...only when we go back to our own apts...which is sad because I like a good night kiss...Soon enough we'll be decorating our apt and "taking up too much of the bed." But now I'm more pumped than ever before:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you feel like you weren't able to talk to everyone, or don't remember talking to so and so, this is how you will feel at your reception. it's a crazy feeling! it's so much fun though!