Monday, October 30, 2006

Another great weekend and hopefully many more to come!

This past weekend started very well! On Friday afternoon my mom joined me in the city to go wedding dress shopping...again. This is the 4th time I've been "dress shopping," and even though it can be fun, mostly it's just exhausting and fuels more confusion. Which style is better? will my stomach look big? Do I need a sash? WHY AM I WEARING A WHITE DRESS?!!!! But this friday, we went down to Saeyoung Vu, a small shop down on Mulberry and Spring streets. I picked my bridesmaid dresses from here, but never really looked at their bridal collection, until a stunning dress caught my eye in this months Martha Stewart Weddings and to my surprise (thanks to great PR efforts on their part) it was a Saeyoung Vu dress!

I tried on 4 dresses and 2 of them were fantastic! Problem...they were both so different, but so fabulous and I couldn't choose. So what does a girl do when a problem like this presents itself... She buys both! So I'm very excited to say that I now have 2 gorgeous wedding dresses! One for the ceremony, it's stunning white and flowy and very goddess-like, and another for the party, very old hollywood and sexy...perfect for a fabulous reception! My mom said it best to the sales girl..."My family is insane!" But in the end, she agreed this was the best thing to do.

From there we headed out to Jersey to get ready for the Hunt! I'm sure some of you are familiar with the hunt, but for those of you who have NO idea, this is a day long event, consisting of horse racing and ultimately raising a considerable amount of money for a medical center. It's a blast and people plan for a full year. Basically, you get up early, put on your "hunt like clothing," and head out to the fields for drinking and eating. This year, the sun decided to come out about an hour after we got there and after a while, you didn't even notice the knee high mudd...it was simply wonderful!

After the Hunt, we drove back into the city to get ready for a night of Halloween parties! I have to say, I really thought I was going to want to just sleep, but instead I got all dresses up as a sexy devil and Ken as a Priest. It was a very fun night of awesome costumes, lot's of drinks and fun people. Halloween in the city can be super fun or really suck and this year was great! Oh...on a side note, Halloween is such a liberating day for women...seriously, all those inner yearnings to get all whored out and show the world your "goods" just bubble to the surface and the city is just bursting with hot girls! I never see so many hot ladies as I do on Halloween! Good job women of NYC!

Sunday morning was perfect. Made breakfast...my first attempt to actuallu make bacon on a skillet...yuck! what a mess! I prefer the microwave kind...no mess. But, Ken and I ate a nice breakfast together, read the paper, cirlced open houses, laid in bed, showered and then finally decided to go look at apartments. We saw some interesting places...the thing is, ALL NYC apartments have something wrong with them. If they are big with great closets, then the bathroom is tiny and there's NO kitchen. If they have awesome kitchens, then the bedrooms are tiny...ALways something! We did see this amazing 2 bedroom on 35th and lex...seriosly HUGE apt, great price, but needs work...a lot of work. I don't know, it's really tough to try to plan your life for the next 5-10 years around moving. I feel like we want to find a place where we can somehow start a family in the next 3 years and not be on top of each other every second we're home. This is tough in New York no matter how much money you have, because if you can afford a million dollar apt, then why not a $1.5 million dollar one...and then why not $2? It always seems as though the next step isn't that far away, but it actually really is...

ok, so that was the wonderful weekend...to some it might sound tiring, but to me it was one of the best:)

Tomorrow we're off to Budapest for 4 days! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ah!!! Hope you love Budapest--great city! Be sure pop in a little supermarket. They barely speak English and have some pretty interesting foods. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and have been coming here from time to time over the last few months. I linked you up to my site. I hope all goes well with your wedding.

Ellie

The Team said...

hey Beth! I'm actually 100% Hungarian and go back evey year for a few days so I'm very familiar with the foods:) This time I think I managed to eat 5 pastries in one day...one at every meal..hehehe I do love though!