Monday, December 02, 2013

The Jackpot

I felt like I hit the jackpot when I purchased this makeup base...seriously it was life changing.  Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover foundation is the best base I've ever used. I'm trying to remember where I even got the idea to purchase it...oh yes, now I remember...SO embarrassing but whatever. I was watching the Real Housewives of NJ and Jacqueline always talks about how she's a makeup junkie and her face always looks pretty damn good. I decided to check out some of her tips and she recommended this base. Wait, no, she RAVED about this base. I went and bought it and holy shit it's amazing. It's not drying, but also not greasy. It stays on all day and blends well with your skin tone...none of that streaky stuff. The colors also match skin tones very well. I'm a bit olive, which translates to I turn grey in the winter, so I'm always nervous about bases. This one does a great job. I top it with bronzer and some blush and it looks great.  Since I purchased this base I jumped on the Make Up Forever train. I now own the primer and blush and I couldn't be happier.

Let's talk for a minute about makeup base. It's one of those funny things that as you get older you need more, but can also make you look like shit if you don't match it right. I can't tell you how many girls I see with orange faces and white necks!!! What is that all about?  I know these lovely girls own mirrors and I know they take time to apply their makeup so why why why not blend down a little bit! Ugh. Kills me. And what am I supposed to do? Be like, "oh hey there hot girl, you're really working those pants and boots and your hair is awesome, but you look ridiculous because your makeup doesn't match your neck?" I feel like moms everywhere should tell their daughters about this problem AND if you don't see your mom everyday, then you friends should hook you up.



No comments: