Thursday, August 10, 2006

An Old Favorite...How Could I Forget!

I had dinner tonight at an old favorite that I haven't been to in I'd say, over a year! SON CUBANO!!!! What a wonderful meal with tasty dishes, great music and a good vibe. There's really not much on the menu not to like...the Tapitas are fabulous! We had goat cheese and hazelnut fritters, croquetas de queso, which were just incredible! Pastelitos de picadillo, puffed pastry with spiced meat inside...absolutely fantastic! The list is extensive and everything looks so delicious!
For my main course I had the Palomilla, thinly pounded sirloin steak covered with caramelized onions served with steamed white rice. This was so tender and really hit the spot.
The crowd was very fun, with well dressed women sipping lovely drinks or dancing between tables...it was a very fun evening and if you haven't been yet or haven't been in a while...GO! You'll be happy you did:)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Next time I make an appearance in NYC, I'll make it a point to stop. ;)