Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What was it like before cell phones?


So it seems this is the year when things are going to happen that I never thought would happen to me...First my hard drive fails and now this...I lost my cell phone. My very pretty light pink Razr, the core of my contacts, my line of communication...GONE, ALong with every contact I had in there, because well...I don't write things down...This wasn't supposed to happen to me! I hear of people dropping phone in toilets all the time. Having phones stolen out of bags, people leaving them in public places...I don't do that! Rrrrright. Well, until last thursday when my phone disapeared. Now, I can't be certain that it wasn't stolen, but at this point I'm taking responsiblity and just saying I lost it. So there I was for 5 day without my phone and you know what? It was amazing! Just not hearing it ring was incredible! I still kept in touch with people through my blackberry, but no cell phone!

Then I forgot my blackberry in NJ at a party. Sunday night...no phone, no blackberry. I was completely without communication tools...it was even better! no buzzing every 10 min with clients asking questions, no spam! I think my stress level dopped 10 points!

So here I am on tuesday morning...my phone is back as is my Blackberry and things are getting back to normal, but I'm so aware of their presence now. I think everyone should take a day or two and just shut down. No phones, no blackberries, no computers...just forget about everyone and everything ELSE you could be doing or should be talking to and just enjoy the moment:)

No comments: