Wednesday, August 23, 2006

One Moment



Ever since I was a little girl I seriously dreamt about things like, What was the man like that I'd end up marrying? Would I ever get married? What would my dress look like? My ring? will it be big or small, sparkle or be smooth? What I didn't dream about was the actual engagement, so it was an incredibly wonderful surprise when on Friday night my amazing boyfriend proposed!

We had been talking about our wedding and what we like for months but I was never quite sure when we'd actually get engaged. Friday was definitely NOT the day I thought it would finally happen...but it did!!! We were sitting on the couch sifting through about 35 open house flyers that we planned to view on sunday. I had just finished looking at the last one and mentioned going to dinner, when he said, "wouldn't it be great if we were engaged looking at these apts?" I said, "shut it...seriously, stop joking around" and went to get up and he got down on he knees. I freaked out! I didn't think he was serious until I saw the little box and his face. He was so sweet and so excited and i just got so lost in the moment that I got down on the floor with him. He asked me and I said yes and then he asked me if I wanted to see the ring? "OF COURSE!" And it was incredible! I didn't believe it was for me...it was just that beautiful.

When I finally had it on my hand I just couldn't stop staring! We had some chapagne and then called our friends and family:) He even gave me the cutest card that had everything he knew he'd forget to say, written in it. Which is amazing, because I'll have that forever and be able to relive that moment!

We then went to dinner at the Turkish Kitchen, one of our favorite places and then went home to relax Steph and ken style with a fun movie and more real estate listings:)

I didn't sleep at all that night...just kept looking at my ring and at him...knowing that this amazing man sleeping next to me was the person I was going to marry and he loves me so much. I've never had a safer more comforting feeling. He is everything and more that I could have ever dreamed of and loves me so much. That whole weekend I just couldn't believe that I was so lucky! How do things like this happen?

I was talking to someone the other day about lucky people and people who just get shit on all the time. I want to know what it is that makes some people so lucky and others so not. Is it karma? Is it destiny? Sometimes I feel so guilty because my life is so blessed and so lucky. I know that I won't take it for granted ever! Good things happen all the time and it's amazing to just be able to step back and see it all play out. When I got engaged it was like the begining of a totally new journey! I'm going to have a husband!!! It's insane! I'm going to have a new last name and have kids! How crazy is that! I mean, not for a while,but still...

Anyway, let's just say friday was one of the best days of my life! And now there's the wedding...A wedding used to be easy and a celebration of a new life together...this is 2006 and the average wedding in NYC costs $70,000...that's on the low side...I have no words. I actually had a wedding planner hang up on me today because my budget is too low and her fee alone is $20,000...Bitch. hehehe

So from now on, most of my posts will be wedding related. Fashion week will come and go, but my wedding will still be in planning phase:) wish me luck and if you have any fabulous suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them!!!!

9 comments:

NotCarrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And I can't wait to hear about the wedding planning:)

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you babe!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I expect hott wedding news on here from now on.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! You sounded like you were smiling through that whole post :)

Unknown said...

congrats! i'm getting married saturday! i can't wait! then it's off to Cabo for a week!

advice, just realize that it's your mother's pageant and you are just the contestant in the whoel thing! i love my mother more than words, but as it gets closer, she is freaking out over the littlest things.

can't wait to relive the marriage planning!

Beth said...

AHH!! That is so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS! Haha..I can tell how giddy you are...just from the post. Yay! Can't wait to read all about the wedding planning. :)

Rocky Raccoon said...

Congratulations!! You definitely have a lot ahead of you with the planning...

The Team said...

Thanks so much everyone! We're meeting with our first planner today!!! I can't wait...his name is Sean and he sounds fabulous!!!! Will tell all about it tomorrow!

Broady said...

Wonderful! Looking forward to the wedding plans posts!