Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Treat:)

I've noticed over the past year that my clothing buying habits have hit an all time low. It's not that I dont' buy stuff, I just seem to be buying crap. Old Navy, H&M, Target...these have become my staple stores because I don't dress too formal for work and it's cheap and easy...a sort of disposable clothing. I wear it for a while and then I chuck it...and I don't feel bad because it was so incredibly cheap! But what has happened is that I look pretty shabby chic. (side not: these stores are great for basics and fun shirts to wear out) There's a limit to how many beaters you can have from Old Navy... So this past saturday I went on a little bit of a shopping spree.

It was amazing how everything fit so well and just felt so nice! Eli Tahari! DKNY! Dana Buchman! Ralph Lauren! Classic designers who design for a real good fit. None of this marc Jacobs stuff that fits a stick and costs a fortune! I was in heaven! Dana Buchman actually makes a button down that fits big boobs! SHOCKING! Whenever I attempt to buy a button down at ANY of those stores I mentioned I end up with one boob hanging out and things being squeezed that just shouldn't be.

Before I knew it I had piles of clothing that I couldn't leave behind! New fall jackets and sweaters. Skirts and shirts! It was just so overwhelming! As was the charge to my credit card, but you know what...it was worth it. I can feel the difference!

I have to say I was very pleased with the fall collections. After the crap many designers put forth for spring summer, it was a nice surprise! Well, maybe I'm just a little biased...fall IS my favorite season!

3 comments:

NotCarrie said...

I LOVE fall clothes. The September magazines get me so excited for them.

erin said...

you're right. h&m doesn't make shirts for women with larger than B-cup breasts. i always start popping out of there stuff.

if only my budget would support shopping at better stores.

Beth said...

I'm larger breasted at well and have always thought I was the only one who had difficulty finding a shirt that fit properly. It's such a good feeling to treat yourself on designer clothes. :) I know how it goes!