Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Scent of a woman...

So here we are in the middle of another heat wave in Manhattan...I'm talking 100+ degrees and some women still walk around WITHOUT deodorant on! For the love of god people! I took the subway 3 times yesterday (this is a lot for me... I usually take it once a day) and each time I was standing near a WOMAN who stank! Not even just a little smelly mixing with perfume, but full on BO... So this morning when I was reading the post one of the first articles I noticed was on just this topic...deodorant. Thank you NY Post for making light of this and to all you sweaty stinky ladies out there...please please please take care of that problem, because yes, it is a problem!

The Post had some good suggestions which I will list, but I also have a few additions to the list.

1. Mitchum for women clear gel- I've never used this, but it was a high scorer on the Post list...I'll probably try this.

2. SURE solid unscented- this is what I currently use and really like. it's cheap and keeps me dry. Seriously nothing fancy. And in my opinion there's nothing worse that smelling like cheap baby powder and sweat so stay away for ALL powder scented sticks! YUCK! I used to and still have a rule about deodorant when borrowing an item of clothing...ONLY use unscented and must use a perfume I like...otherwise we're a no go.

3.Degree ultra clear- Also scored high on the list...I guess it really kicks in when you need it.

4.Kiehls- This stuff is great! It's smooth and stays on and doesn't dry the shit out of your skin. I know guys who use this and girls so give it a go.

5.Lady Speed Stick- NO!

6.Dove Ultimate clear- hmmm I tried this...I liked how it made my skin feel,but I was a sweaty mess after a spin class at 6pm...did not hold up. The post kind of said the same thing...

7. Ban- Oh dear god...I used this for a while and my clothing would just start to smell! I wil never go back to BAN...


Anyway, I'm sure everyone is different in "that" department, so go with what works but seriously, stay away from powder scent and if a spray is what works for you or a crystal or whatever...JUST USE IT NOW! Have mercy on those around you on the subway! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second you on the Kiehl's babe. It's like lotion so it never gets white stuff on your clothes and is also odorless, which I love!! The biggest plus is that it really works -- never a smelly moment. The boyfriend started using it and now he's addicted too.

The only downside is the price tag. But I think it's worth it.

--MMS

Beth said...

How eerie...you and I are totally on the same page today...Our posts kind of go hand in hand!

I'm definitely going to check out Sure and/or Kiehls...my current deodorant is just one sorry excuse for Proctor & Gamble.

thethinker said...

I can definitely identify with this.
I just spent a month in Europe surrounded by sweaty Europeans who don't use anti-perspirant and stand way too close to you on public transportation.

NotCarrie said...

HAHA! Love the recommendations. One day I couldn't remember if I put it on so I stopped and bought some.

Pink Cupcakes said...

I like Dove and it works for me? Perhaps its just me though! Love the site :)