Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Back to my roots...

For the past six months I've been blonde...I started as strawberry blonde, then went to bright blonde and then back to a combo...the color was amazing...I was always shocked at the quality of the color and how it was possible for someone like me to actually be blonde. The problem was I never really felt like myself. uhmm not to mention, I had to dye my roots every 3 weeks.... It's strange being a dark brunette your whole life and then one day you have a whole head of golden hair...felt like an out of body experience...Not to mention, so many things are different. People treat you diffferently, look at you differently...very interesting experiment.

I know for sure though now, that I can't handle it. I am not able to handle the things that go along with being blonde. I actually had a mentor metion to me that I should consider going back to dark because pitching new clients as a business owner might be easier as a brunette! Not so sure how true that is, but I can say that as a brunette we pitched it, we got it...as a blonde, well, we've lost a few. If they were women, it was a no go, if men, then yes. Very funny how that works isn't it? Says something about women though... Not to mention, I never felt sexy, which is very important to me, as I'm sure it is to most women.

I have blonde friends who are fabulous, sexy and stunning, and they work it! They are successful and confident! Maybe because they were born that way...but not me. I had my locks dyed back on monday and I felt so freakin amazing walking out with my dark hair! I walked differently, didn't have to worry if my eyebrows matched my hair, was looked at differently and most important, I have my confidence back! It feels so good!

I'm sure one day I'll think about going light again and god know, there were lot's of people telling me to stay light and that I looked great as a blonde, but ultimately, I'm a dark haired chic. Who knows...maybe in 6 months I'll go red! Red heads have a ton of fun too:) But you'll never see me mousy brown hair! I don't do weak colors! hehehe Don't know too many people who do! If you're going to look fabulous, have amazing hair!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you!

While the blonde looked good, your dark hair is simply amazing (in overall look, but also in it's impossible shiny-ness).

Now as for this red idea ... ;)

The Team said...

hahaha thanks babe! Yeh, it was time:)

Miss said...

NOw is the time I must comment... as a daily reader for quite sometime, I never once commented until now...
this arrises such a huge issue with me, hence I am naturally lighter haird but prefer to go dark... a few shades lighter than black. For right now, I have no intention to going back to my natural hair color, but I know that someday I will... hair color is amazing how it changes one persons persona!!

NotCarrie said...

Welcome back to the dark side...harharhar!

I'm Kate said...

Good insight to the light hair/dark hair issue. I'm a natural brunette, but my hair has been some shade of blonde for over a year now. I switch back and forth between light blonde and more of a strawberry blonde. I love it, but some days I just want my dark hair back...although when I see pictures of me with light hair, I love how I look!! It's torture...

Anonymous said...

I too am a woman of many colors... Currently a light brown (very mandy moore on the cover of cosmo this month.) Traditionally a dark brown. I must admit, being in a professional setting people do take me more seriously as a brunette! But, I do love to lighten my locks for the spring/summer...