Monday, May 15, 2006

If you can cook together it's meant to be...



This past weekend besides being just wonderful in that very busy, lot's of family, lot's of food kind of way, was very enlightening as well! My boyfriend and I cooked together for the first time. We decided that we would cook a full lunch. Our menu was as follows:

To start: Goat cheese pillows wrapped in Proscuitto Parma with Sundried tomotoes, with a pesto dressing.

The meal: Sausage stuffed mushrooms....AMAZING!
Potatoes with onions
Creamed spinach with mascarpone cheese
Fillet Mignon

The meal was very good, but I had so much fun cooking with him that it made the whole thing so much more enjoyable! It took us a very efficient 2 1/2 hours to complete our cooking. It was just so nice to be able to be in a space with someone who respects you in the kitchen and at the same time takes control of certain projects so that you don't feel like you have to do everything. I would strongly suggest cooking with your significant other...it's a good sign if you can finish cooking without wanting to throw things at them! I've had many experiences with people in my kitchen that I just wanted to throw garbage at...yes, you heard me...garbage. This was NOTHING like that!

2 comments:

anne said...

That is sooo true!! I love cooking w/ my hubby. Sometimes he can be a bit useless...but for the most part it is fun and he is a big help!

Shopaholic D said...

Awww....I love cooking w/ my SO! He has trouble cooking full meals on his own, but he's a GREAT assistant! Either way, we have a good time and get a good meal, and that's all that really matters, right?