Monday, May 08, 2006

Good friends...thank you for a wonderful weekend!

I got back early this morning from a fun weekend in Washington with my best friends from college. It's always amazing to me that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I go back there...It's like I see those girls and there's no bullshit, no wierd glances like I didn't do something, no snotty comments, no crap, because well, they haven't seen me in forever and it's still ok, because we're best friends and there are certain things that are just understood between best friends. You know what I'm talking about right?

I miss that feeling and when I leave, I can't wait to get my fix again. Maybe it's because it is so rare that I see them and so it's such a luxury that nothing bothers me when I'm there...but still...this morning when I got on my 9AM shuttle back to Manhattan I felt like I was missing something and that feeling is not going to go away till July, when I see them again.

Seriously, just being able to sit with your friend in silence and have total calm is amazing. I love not having to worry about what I say, because they certainly are not judging me. It's like you have these people who just are always there for you, not because you feel some sense of obligation to each other, but because you all really care.

I'm sure you all have friends like these...and I just don't think we appreciate them enough.

Mushy moment, I know...but I had such a wonderful weekend that I had to say a big thank you to the wonderful ladies down in D.C.!!!!!!

1 comment:

NotCarrie said...

Woohoo! DC!