Friday, May 19, 2006

How much is enough?


Last night my boyfriend and I had plans with another couple, his very good friends, and we were planning on going to Park Bistro. None of had ever tried it,but always passed by it so why not... We get there...it's closed for a private party. Whatever.
So we decided to try this new restaurant Porcao Churrascaria described as:
Porcão, the famous churrascaria from Rio de Janeiro comes to New York City, serving up its legendary Amazon-size chunks of dozens of kinds of grilled meat tableside. In this 11,000-square-foot space we expect there will also be an ample salad bar with dozens of offerings and sushi as in the Rio restaurants.

It was really incredible! The massive salad bar has entire wheels of parmagiano cheese with a bowl of honey next to it, wonderful salads and even some warm starters. After you eat your salad there are these little coaster sized circles on your table that you can turn over to green to have the servers start bringing the meat or to no to stop. Very fun and interactive! LOVED IT!

That's when I ran into problems...I never turned to red...I just kept going...Fillet Mignon, prime rib, flank steak, turkey wrapped in bacon, chicken, garlic top sirloin! Seriously, amazing!
And I thought I was ok...I really did...even when we decided to have desert!!! BAD IDEA! RED FLAGS ALL AROUND! I should have stopped there!

But I didn't, I kept going...

We got up from the table and I thought I might die. Got home and was in so much agony I couldn't get air! I couldn't tell if I was going to puke or my insides were going to just start falling out of my body! I ate way too much. I was in so much pain I couldn't think...If I was on my back I couldn't get oxygen. If I was on my side, I felt like I was going to throw up, if I was on my stomach...oh that was just very bad. Has this ever happended to anyone? I mean it was insane!

The lesson I learned...Stop eating when you even START to get full...!

As for the restaurant...it was great! So much fun and I love all the activity. The meat was great, the wine was excellent and well priced and the desert, well, it was wonderful. Great for groups of people and you'll pretty much always get a table, because the place is just HUGE!



4 comments:

The Team said...

a lesson I learned the hard way!hehehe

Shopaholic D said...

Oh my gosh...I had the same thing happen to me last weekend! I went to see my friend graduate from Duke Law, and for her graduation luncheon, we went to this place called Chamas. The restaurant is the same type restaurant as the one you went to, and I got soooo stuffed! My favorite - the garlic top sirloin! Whatever their authentic drink was, it was awesome too...it was like a Brazilian mojito - limes, sugar, and rum - yummy!

The Team said...

yes I know it...starts with a "c" so yummy!

NotCarrie said...

Sounds good but definitely painful