Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ahhh yes...Hump day


So it's snowing outside right now...so strange!

Anyway, so I'm sitting at my desk staring out the window onto Madison Ave. There are 4 buildings in front of me and i can see into all of them because I'm on the top floor of mine. Let me just give you an idea of what's going on this lovely hump day.

Directly across from me there are 3 guys all siting at a table with their feet up watching TV and smoking out a window. Ohhh! and intern just came in and they quickly took their feet down.

Below them there's a guy, alone in an office with his feet up as well (noticing a trend here) and well, he's VERY relaxed. He's doing something that he probably wouldn't be doing if he knew i was writing about him, but oh well...eeeeewww...

Then in the next building there's a floor with heavy velvet curtains...ahh yes, the whore house. I'm not kidding you...I went in there once with a friend because they advertise as a normal massage place, but I can say with confindence that is NOT a massage place...lot's of girls, lot's of guys and a strong smell of bleach... MANY MANY HAPPY ENDINGS!

One floor down there's a salon with a guy waving his hands like a bird with scissors...not going there EVER!

Below him is a SUBWAY, where I can see the angry workers...I bet they're giving me the evil eye because i never let them put olives on my 6 inch subs...

In the next building down there's a room full of people at a conference table and one guy standing in the window staring at me as I write this...I just waved.

So you see...Who needs a TV when you have Madison Ave....i could do NOTHING all day and be totally entertained by these people!

*** oh and some shit is going down on the cross street. There are a ton of fire trucks in front of the empire state building...probably, wait for it...wait for it...a bomb threat....(purely speculation...could just be some psycho trying to jump) I don't know...it's all just too exciting this very gloomy hump day.

5 comments:

anne said...

Wow...you do have quite the few!!

HA! How do you ever get work done!?

The Team said...

hehehe I just have to force myself to stop staring! It's just too much fun.

AWE said...

This reminded me of a webcam that I found when I was up there. http://www.riotmanhattan.com/riotmanhattan/webcam.html

When I was in NYC I could pick out a coffee shop and sit in the window all day watching people. I could imagine having a room with a view.

The Team said...

OH! I know! I look right on that new building going up. Sometimes I just watch them using the crane to pull up those HUGE beams... I'm always entertained.

NotCarrie said...

Haha, Do this more often, it's hilarious!