Thursday, April 06, 2006

Please tell me this is a joke!


My usual morning routine includes drinking some coffee, reading the Post and the Daily News and then finally making it to all the other online sites like, NY Times, CNN.com, BBC...whatever...
This morning, I'm skimming over the daily dish section of the Daily News and to my horror I start reading an entire article on how a woman's HIPS are the
"new cleavage." I thought it was some kind of sick joke...I mean seriously people, are you kidding me? I recognize that this entire article was to draw attention to April's issue of Esquire Magazine, but COME ON!!!! Have we as readers become that pathetic that we have to read articles about this shit in our morning paper!? Do the writers at the Daily News have such little respect for us? So confused! I realize I'm discussing this on my blog instead of just ignoring it, but I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Who gives a shit what the new cleavage is! Boobs are boobs and they will NEVER be "out." A nice butt is also, just that...a nice butt and it will always be sexy. Some freaks even think that toe cleavage and the instep is the hottest thing happening, but I don't care how nice your hips bones are or how pretty your ass crack seems...who cares! To actually write an article about how "boobs are out and hips are in," well, that's just dumb.

Don't get me wrong...I ADMIRE and am totally jealous of women with amazing hips bones that can have jeans resting on them with a cute top...awesome! But don't tell me it's the new cleavage! Next thing you know, you're going to have an anorexia problem nationwide amongst 10 year olds because media says hip bones coming out of you is cool... The new plastic surgery is going to be hip bone implants! And you know some girl with well, no real hip bones but thinks she has them, is going to start strutting around in super low jeans...and I just don't need to see that.(This already happened when retailers decided for us that super low jeans were the only way to go) Hey, I don't have the hip bones! Never have and probably never will...They are burried under some "softer" layers, and you can bet that I will NEVER wear my hips as the "new cleavage!"
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/406246p-343987c.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

super. i can't wait. when is it all going to stop?!