Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Daily News...again...

"Tonight's the second night of Passover - so it's hard to believe that even the most hapless publicist would send out a press release offering up Bill Downs, "one of the world's foremost experts on diet and nutrition," to discuss "the unspoken dark side" of the Seder: "Flatulence, irritable bowels, heartburn ... are common Passover conditions," Downs' flack explains. "Instead of reflecting on the Jewish people's exodus from Egypt, we end up struggling to contain the exodus of gas." Sadly, I have been assured that this release is not a hoax."
From today's Daily News...

I have to say, once again the Daily News does not surprise me with this very uninteresting factoid. Do I give a shit that some idiot publicist wants to use Passover as a means to get press for her client. NO! Do I think she's an idiot....YES!
Now, I say this being a publicist myself...and I think it's insane, but the fact that the Daily News felt it was soooo newsworthy to expose this "crime," is even more insane to me...Am I wrong? Do people really need to be reading about this? I think publicists get enough shit on a daily basis, is it really neccessary to show all their mistakes??? I think not.

No comments: