Friday, April 21, 2006

For the love of shoes!



Anyone who knows me will tell you that I have a slight obsession with Shoes and handbags. Not just any shoes and bags, but very expensive shoes and bags. ( This is in addition to my hair and skin care addiction...yes, I have problems, but hey, I'm happy)

So it's that time of year again and I've been passing some very pretty shoes lately and it's all just getting to be too much...My hands start to shake, I can smell the leather and before I know it I'm knee deep in boxes and my credit card debt just jump another grand... I like them all! Laboutins, Blahniks, Choos, Ferragamo, Chanel, Prada, Marc Jacobs...all the way to the adorable shoes at banana Republic, jcrew, Bakers, and even Target! I LOVE SHOES! So you can imagine how hard it is for me to see all these fabulous sandles everywhere!

Today I broke down. My first mistake was heading into Sacco, where I was overwhelmed by slides and mules and thongs...I purchased a stunning pair of kitten heels and a pair of braided leather thongs by Bernado.( These are fantastic sandals! i buy a pair ever summer. They are chic and comfy and only run about $90)
I then went to Saks...hmmm...bad bad bad. The Laboutin section there is just too much to handle for me...They are all so pretty and I always find myself buying a pair. Today I bought a pair of red stunners...they might go back...Just a thought.
Then there was Jcrew...How cute are those espadrills with the ribbons and the patterned fronts!? I got a pair a little while back, but I decided they just didnt' do anything for me. SO I exchanged them for a VERY cute little bag and some pants. See! that was a smart purchase!

Now if only I can stay strong through my battle of the bag phase...it's coming, I know it is. Considering market week starts next week for all accessory company, the shit is going to hit the fan in my wallet. Basically all the spring bag samples are done with and fall is being pushed sooooo showrooms are clearing out samples of FABULOUS bags...and I know I'm going to be presented with some great options...now the trick is to say NO! I mean, a $1000 bag for $200 is a great deal, but I can't stop at one...and that's where I run into trouble.

Right now I'm sweating this Jimmy Choo bag, but alas I don't think it's going to happen unless by some miracle I become friends with the showroom and well, that's just not gonna happen...I'm not that cool:( hehehe maybe one day!

6 comments:

The Team said...

I totally know those slingbacks! And they are wonderful!!! Enjoy them!!!!

James said...

You must post pictures of the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Oh god, I feel your pain. I've been eyeing a bag at Kenneth Cole for weeks and have been drooling over shoes EVERYWHERE... I'm being strong though and holding back until I get my tax return but when it comes someone is going to have to hold me back!

Good to know that you're enjoying retail therapy for all of us!

Lisa said...

You know I've always wished we had the same size feet :-)

LemonDrop said...

I know the feeling. I crack when I see pretty shoes.

I'm visiting New York this summer, and I think all my spending money will be splurged on expensive shoes...

Anonymous said...

cool blog -- i am so siked to have run accross it. i was looking for the perfect shoe to match my Floto bag and i think i have found it ---- the red one. thanks a million!